Willesden fitness instructor to hold special event to raise funds for dementia charity
Maydine Etienne’s Skip, Box & Jamathon will take place at Bridge Park Community Leisure Centre in Stonebridge
A fitness instructor is holding a “Skip, Box & Jamathon” event to raise much need funds for a health charity.
Maydine Etienne, from Willesden, has put together the three-hour fun and fitness session in support of Dementia UK.
The 41-year-old’s mother was diagnosed with the progressive illness that over time effects long term ability to learn reason, retain or recall past experiences 10 years ago.
Mrs Etienne said: “I wanted to use my ability to bring community members together in a bid to raise awareness and funds for the charity.
“My aim is to create awareness and raise funds for a good cause.
“Not enough people know about dementia and I know especially in my case, if I had had some awareness of the illness, I would have felt better prepared.”
- 1 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 2 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 5 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 6 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 7 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Labour accused of 'power grab' move over committee appointments
- 10 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
The event, which will take place at Bridge Park Community Leisure Centre, Harrow Road, Stonebridge, on May 7, aims to raise �1000 for Dementia UK.
The charity, which was established in 1994, aims to improve the quality of life for people living with dementia.
Generous donators have already pledged �750 to the cause.
Skip, Box & Jamathon is suitable for everyone no matter what their levels of fitness and the person who raises the highest amount of money will win a training session with “ITV’s Biggest Loser” celebrity coach Richard Callender.
Starting at 11am activities include skipping, boxing and dance exercises including zumba, taught by Mrs Etienne and other elite instructors.
If you would like to take part in Skip, Box & Jamathon call 07956 824365.
To make a donation visit www.justgiving.com/skip-boxandjamathon.
For more information about Dementia UK visit www.dementiauk.org.