Willesden fitness instructor to hold special event to raise funds for dementia charity
Maydine Etienne’s Skip, Box & Jamathon will take place at Bridge Park Community Leisure Centre in Stonebridge
A fitness instructor is holding a “Skip, Box & Jamathon” event to raise much need funds for a health charity.
Maydine Etienne, from Willesden, has put together the three-hour fun and fitness session in support of Dementia UK.
The 41-year-old’s mother was diagnosed with the progressive illness that over time effects long term ability to learn reason, retain or recall past experiences 10 years ago.
Mrs Etienne said: “I wanted to use my ability to bring community members together in a bid to raise awareness and funds for the charity.
“My aim is to create awareness and raise funds for a good cause.
“Not enough people know about dementia and I know especially in my case, if I had had some awareness of the illness, I would have felt better prepared.”
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 5 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 6 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 7 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 8 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 9 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
- 10 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
The event, which will take place at Bridge Park Community Leisure Centre, Harrow Road, Stonebridge, on May 7, aims to raise �1000 for Dementia UK.
The charity, which was established in 1994, aims to improve the quality of life for people living with dementia.
Generous donators have already pledged �750 to the cause.
Skip, Box & Jamathon is suitable for everyone no matter what their levels of fitness and the person who raises the highest amount of money will win a training session with “ITV’s Biggest Loser” celebrity coach Richard Callender.
Starting at 11am activities include skipping, boxing and dance exercises including zumba, taught by Mrs Etienne and other elite instructors.
If you would like to take part in Skip, Box & Jamathon call 07956 824365.
To make a donation visit www.justgiving.com/skip-boxandjamathon.
For more information about Dementia UK visit www.dementiauk.org.