Willesden fitness instructor to hold special event to raise funds for dementia charity
Maydine Etienne’s Skip, Box & Jamathon will take place at Bridge Park Community Leisure Centre in Stonebridge
A fitness instructor is holding a “Skip, Box & Jamathon” event to raise much need funds for a health charity.
Maydine Etienne, from Willesden, has put together the three-hour fun and fitness session in support of Dementia UK.
The 41-year-old’s mother was diagnosed with the progressive illness that over time effects long term ability to learn reason, retain or recall past experiences 10 years ago.
Mrs Etienne said: “I wanted to use my ability to bring community members together in a bid to raise awareness and funds for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
“My aim is to create awareness and raise funds for a good cause.
“Not enough people know about dementia and I know especially in my case, if I had had some awareness of the illness, I would have felt better prepared.”
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Dykes hurt as QPR topple Hatters to end season on winning note
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 10 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
The event, which will take place at Bridge Park Community Leisure Centre, Harrow Road, Stonebridge, on May 7, aims to raise �1000 for Dementia UK.
The charity, which was established in 1994, aims to improve the quality of life for people living with dementia.
Generous donators have already pledged �750 to the cause.
Skip, Box & Jamathon is suitable for everyone no matter what their levels of fitness and the person who raises the highest amount of money will win a training session with “ITV’s Biggest Loser” celebrity coach Richard Callender.
Starting at 11am activities include skipping, boxing and dance exercises including zumba, taught by Mrs Etienne and other elite instructors.
If you would like to take part in Skip, Box & Jamathon call 07956 824365.
To make a donation visit www.justgiving.com/skip-boxandjamathon.
For more information about Dementia UK visit www.dementiauk.org.