Willesden actress leads play about feminist writers
Drama loosely based on Germain Greer
Multi-talented actress Lucy Danser is starring in a play about a feminist writer loosely based on a real-life incident involving Germain Greer.
The 23-year-old thespian who lives in Chatsworth Road, Willesden, plays Molly in ‘The Female of the Species’ which opens at the Bridewell Theatre next week.
First performed in 2006, the drama takes a satirical look at celebrity feminists with a plot loosely inspired by a real-life incident in 2000, when Ms Greer was held at gunpoint in her own home by a disturbed student
Lucy first treaded the boards at the age of 13 when she joined the Tower Theatre Company.
You may also want to watch:
At the age of 17 she was casted for the leading role in ‘The Diary of Anne Frank’.
She has recently graduated from University of Kent and University of Indiana with drama degree and currently runs a comedy club called ‘Chatback Comedy Club’.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 9 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
In August Lucy will be taking her one-woman show to Edinburgh.
The Female of the Species start on June 7 until June 11 at the Bridewell Theatre in Bride Lane (off Fleet Street), London.
For more information and to buy tickets call 020 7353 1700� or visit www.towertheatre.org.uk