House fire causes traffic gridlock back to Park Royal
- Credit: David Nathan/999London
A fire saw traffic congestion in Park Royal and Harlesden on Wednesday morning (February 17), according to an eyewitness.
Eight fire engines and 60 firefighters from Park Royal, Wembley and Acton were called to a house fire on Western Avenue at 8am.
The roof of a mid-terrace house was destroyed by the flames, with most of the first floor, half of the ground floor and part of the loft conversion of a neighbouring property also suffering damage.
No one was hurt in the blaze.
An eyewitness said the A40 was gridlocked for a few hours back to the Park Royal area.
You may also want to watch:
London Fire Brigade, which took 13 calls about the incident, had the fire under control by 10am.
Station Cmdr Lucy Macleod-Cook, who was at the scene, said: "Firefighters worked quickly to bring the fire, which was located in the loft space of a house, under control.
- 1 Wembley Park drug dealer who used encrypted phone network jailed
- 2 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 3 Two men steal dog at knifepoint in Alperton robbery
- 4 Harlesden actor writes first film and hopes to inspire young people
- 5 Duchess of Cornwall visits Wembley Vaccination Centre
- 6 Police continue Wembley murder investigation after footage emerges
- 7 Two arrested after man survives being stabbed in Wembley
- 8 Fire Brigade pledges to review policies following Wembley trainee's death
- 9 Gun shot at wall during 'terrifying' burglary in Wembley
- 10 Bailed: Four men arrested in connection with Sven Badzak killing in Kilburn
"Crews are expected to remain on scene for a number of hours damping down."