West Hampstead crash: Motorcyclist killed in collision with car and lorry in Mill Lane
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has died in a collision in Mill Lane, West Hampstead.
Police confirmed the man’s death after an incident involving a car and a lorry and thought to have taken place at around 1pm on Wednesday.
The man’s bike was seen strewn across the road in West Hampstead while police and paramedics secured the scene.
Images show a pick-up truck with a skip on the back was involved.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “Police were called at 13:02hrs on Wednesday, 18 November, to reports of a road traffic collision on Mill Lane, near the junction of Westbere Road, NW6.
You may also want to watch:
“Very sadly, despite best efforts of paramedics, a man - the motorcyclist - was pronounced dead at the scene.”
Scotland Yard said both other drivers involved had stopped at the scene and were assisting their inquiries.
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 3 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 6 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 7 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 8 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 9 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 10 Brent residents invited to free Question Time event on climate change
No arrests have been made and an investigation continues.
Swiss Cottage man Shademan Irvanipour saw the aftermath. He told the Ham&High: “It looked as though the bike had possibly been turning into Mill Lane.
“I just feel so sorry for the rider.”
Mill Lane and surrounding roads remain closed.
Any witnesses, or those with relevant dashcam footage, are urged to call police using 101 quoting CAD: 3241
Did you witness the crash? Contact Sam on the newsdesk on 07785616237 or Sam.Volpe@Archant.co.uk