West Hampstead crash: Motorcyclist killed in collision with car and lorry in Mill Lane
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has died in a collision in Mill Lane, West Hampstead.
Police confirmed the man’s death after an incident involving a car and a lorry and thought to have taken place at around 1pm on Wednesday.
The man’s bike was seen strewn across the road in West Hampstead while police and paramedics secured the scene.
Images show a pick-up truck with a skip on the back was involved.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “Police were called at 13:02hrs on Wednesday, 18 November, to reports of a road traffic collision on Mill Lane, near the junction of Westbere Road, NW6.
You may also want to watch:
“Very sadly, despite best efforts of paramedics, a man - the motorcyclist - was pronounced dead at the scene.”
Scotland Yard said both other drivers involved had stopped at the scene and were assisting their inquiries.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 4 QPR move into top 10 with win at Middlesbrough despite Dieng dismissal
- 5 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 6 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 7 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 8 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 9 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 10 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
No arrests have been made and an investigation continues.
Swiss Cottage man Shademan Irvanipour saw the aftermath. He told the Ham&High: “It looked as though the bike had possibly been turning into Mill Lane.
“I just feel so sorry for the rider.”
Mill Lane and surrounding roads remain closed.
Any witnesses, or those with relevant dashcam footage, are urged to call police using 101 quoting CAD: 3241
Did you witness the crash? Contact Sam on the newsdesk on 07785616237 or Sam.Volpe@Archant.co.uk