West Hampstead crash: Motorcyclist killed in collision with car and lorry in Mill Lane
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has died in a collision in Mill Lane, West Hampstead.
Police confirmed the man’s death after an incident involving a car and a lorry and thought to have taken place at around 1pm on Wednesday.
The man’s bike was seen strewn across the road in West Hampstead while police and paramedics secured the scene.
Images show a pick-up truck with a skip on the back was involved.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: “Police were called at 13:02hrs on Wednesday, 18 November, to reports of a road traffic collision on Mill Lane, near the junction of Westbere Road, NW6.
You may also want to watch:
“Very sadly, despite best efforts of paramedics, a man - the motorcyclist - was pronounced dead at the scene.”
Scotland Yard said both other drivers involved had stopped at the scene and were assisting their inquiries.
- 1 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 7 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 8 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
No arrests have been made and an investigation continues.
Swiss Cottage man Shademan Irvanipour saw the aftermath. He told the Ham&High: “It looked as though the bike had possibly been turning into Mill Lane.
“I just feel so sorry for the rider.”
Mill Lane and surrounding roads remain closed.
Any witnesses, or those with relevant dashcam footage, are urged to call police using 101 quoting CAD: 3241
Did you witness the crash? Contact Sam on the newsdesk on 07785616237 or Sam.Volpe@Archant.co.uk