Wembley Triangle shortlisted in best high street in London competition
- Credit: Archant
A section of Wembley High Street is set to battle it out with other towns to be crowned the best in the capital as part of a new government sponsored competition.
Wembley Triangle has been shortlisted in the London category and faces stiff competition from Wood Street in Waltham Forest and Market Place and Ancient Market place, both in Kingston.
The contest, dubbed Great British High Street Awards, is being run by the Future High Streets Forum (FHSF) and received more than 135 entries from across the UK .
They were whittled down to a shortlist of 21 and will now be visited by a member of the judging panel consisting of key players from the FHSF.
There are seven categories – coastal, market town, city, village, local parade, town centre and London.
You may also want to watch:
The winners of each division will receive a share of £50,000 and receive support from industry experts such as advice on digital marketing, workshops and creating business plans.
Penny Mordaunt, high streets minister said: “There is a real sense of momentum behind our high streets and I’m determined that the hard work of people who have strived to make their high streets great places to work, shop and live is not only recognised but shared with others so they too can learn valuable tips for success.”
People can show their support for their local high street on twitter using#GBHighSt or by visiting thegreatbritishhighstreet.co.ukThe winners will be announced next month
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 4 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley