Wembley teen to showcase her designs at London Fashion Week
- Credit: Archant
A Wembley teenager is set to showcase her designs at London Fashion Week thanks to a charity project.
Lolita Stegmar, 17, has been picked as a finalist for Fashion Futures after participating in workshop run by FAD and sponsored by George at ASDA.
The 10-week project allowed a group of young people aged from 16 - 19 to hone in on the fashion industry through creativity.
Lolita was shortlisted as one of 19 finalists from more than 100 teenagers who took part in the workshops earlier this year.
All the finalists will showcase a collection of creative Korean and Japanese culture inspired designs on the catwalk at the annual event next week.
The winner of the Fashion Futures will be chosen by a panel of industry experts; including co-presenter of BBC2’s ‘Great British Sewing Bee’ May Marti, designers at ‘George at Asda’ Felicity Murphy & Lorraine McNee and Director of Fashion Scout Martyn Roberts.
There will also be three runners-up.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 2 'Lucky escape': Four flee Wembley house fire where smoke alarms weren't working
- 3 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 4 Brent cycling group calls to improve rather than remove LTNs
- 5 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 6 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 7 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 8 Stonebridge community group to keep fighting after losing Bridge Park appeal
- 9 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 10 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
The 2015 Fashion Futures Final will take place at Fashion Scout at the Freemasons’ Hall in Covent Garden on September 22
For more information about FAD visit fad.org.uk.