Wembley teen to showcase her designs at London Fashion Week
- Credit: Archant
A Wembley teenager is set to showcase her designs at London Fashion Week thanks to a charity project.
Lolita Stegmar, 17, has been picked as a finalist for Fashion Futures after participating in workshop run by FAD and sponsored by George at ASDA.
The 10-week project allowed a group of young people aged from 16 - 19 to hone in on the fashion industry through creativity.
Lolita was shortlisted as one of 19 finalists from more than 100 teenagers who took part in the workshops earlier this year.
All the finalists will showcase a collection of creative Korean and Japanese culture inspired designs on the catwalk at the annual event next week.
You may also want to watch:
The winner of the Fashion Futures will be chosen by a panel of industry experts; including co-presenter of BBC2’s ‘Great British Sewing Bee’ May Marti, designers at ‘George at Asda’ Felicity Murphy & Lorraine McNee and Director of Fashion Scout Martyn Roberts.
There will also be three runners-up.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 9 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 10 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
The 2015 Fashion Futures Final will take place at Fashion Scout at the Freemasons’ Hall in Covent Garden on September 22
For more information about FAD visit fad.org.uk.