Wembley, Sudbury and Kenton are among the luckiest areas to win the National Lottery
- Credit: Archant
Do you live in Wembley, Sudbury or Kenton and you play the National Lottery?
If so you live in one of the luckiest places to win a jackpot of at least £50,000, figures released today claim.
According to data obtained by the National Lottery, the HA postcode ranks 10th out of the 121 across the country for winners of major prizes per head of the population since the draw began.
Since 2011, 19 new winners from the HA postcode have become lottery millionaires, putting the area 27th for instant millionaires.
Andy Carter, from the National Lottery, the man who pays out the big winners, said, “The results of our number crunching is great for those sporting a HA postcode and demonstrates that in every corner, there are lottery winners regularly celebrating a life-changing win.
In 2015, 18 grants worth £512,976 were distributed to National Lottery funded projects in the HA postcode.
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 5 Kensal Rise backstreets 'clogged with unused buses' group says
- 6 Covid patient numbers in Brent hospitals remains steady
- 7 Shocking reality of Brent housing crisis shown in new data
- 8 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 9 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
- 10 Lexi Cinema: Hostile documentary 'shows effect of Theresa May policy'