Wembley student makes it to the final of national beauty contest
Jasmine Chahal could be the next Miss Asian Model
An aspiring model from Wembley, who has made it through to the final of a national beauty contest has hailed it as her ‘biggest opportunity yet’.
Jasmine Chahal, who lives in Lancelot Road, will compete in the final of Miss Asian Model, where she will go to head against girls from across the country.
The 18-year-old, who is a fashion and textiles student, at West Herts College in Watford, said she was ‘delighted’ to be selected.
She said: “I’m excited because I know I’m going to be able to express myself differently to how I have done before.
You may also want to watch:
“Just being entered is good enough for me but winning would be a huge bonus.”
The competition, which is being organized by national modeling agency Front Models, will culminate on May 28, where Jasmine will be required to compete in three catwalk rounds before having an interview in front of a panel of judges.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 3 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 7 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
The winner will land a place in the coveted Miss England competition in June.
“I can’t wait to represent the Asian community, especially when I come from a mixed background” – she said.
Jasmine’s mother, Kul, originates from the Punjab, in India, while her father is half Jamaican and half Scottish.
She added: “I love that I come from a mixed background and I am proud to represent all my cultures.”
All finalists in the competition are encouraged to raise money for the ‘Beauty with a Purpose’ charity.
The charity, which was officially established by Miss World last year, aims to help local and international organizations across the world to make a difference to the lives of disadvantaged people.
To vote for Jasmine text MISS ASIAN MODEL then type in her unique keyword to 63333.
Alternatively you can vote from a landline by calling 0901 307 0136 and then enter the unique personal two digit code when prompted.
Details of all the contestants can be found at http://www.missengland.info/regionals/asianmodel