Wembley student in finals of Miss London contest
- Credit: Archant
Jasmine Cleo Chahl is battling it out with 14 other women
A student from Wembley has been selected as a finalist in a beauty competition and is within touching distance of representing the UK on a national scale.
Jasmine Cleo Chahl is a finalist in the Miss London competition and will battle it out with 14 others for the chance to represent the capital on a national level at the Miss England finals.
Miss Chahal, from Lancelot Road, will appear on April 3 where she will be tested at a ‘boot camp’ style event where only ten girls will be selected to contest the grand final which takes place on April 6 at Café de Paris in London’s West End.
The 19-year-old is a former student at West Herts College in Watford, where she completed a BTEC in fashion and clothing and is currently on a gap year working as a visual merchandiser.
She told the Times: “The modelling and fashion world is where I feel that I belong. It’s what best represents me and fulfils my goals.
“It’s where I function best, smile, work hard and accomplish my dreams.”
- 1 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 2 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 3 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 4 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 5 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 6 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 7 Injured moped driver appeal after Dollis Hill collision
- 8 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 9 Jailed: Kilburn man linked to 8 knifepoint robberies in St John's Wood area
- 10 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
During her time in the competition miss Chahal is being sponsored by London Cakes. To vote for her text MISSLONDON09 to 64343 or you can call 09012993779 and quote Jasmine’s exclusive number MISS LONDON 09.
Voting lines close on Tuesday April 2 at midnight.
Further information can also be found at http://www.missengland.info/regionals/misslondon