Wembley student in finals of Miss London contest
- Credit: Archant
Jasmine Cleo Chahl is battling it out with 14 other women
A student from Wembley has been selected as a finalist in a beauty competition and is within touching distance of representing the UK on a national scale.
Jasmine Cleo Chahl is a finalist in the Miss London competition and will battle it out with 14 others for the chance to represent the capital on a national level at the Miss England finals.
Miss Chahal, from Lancelot Road, will appear on April 3 where she will be tested at a ‘boot camp’ style event where only ten girls will be selected to contest the grand final which takes place on April 6 at Café de Paris in London’s West End.
The 19-year-old is a former student at West Herts College in Watford, where she completed a BTEC in fashion and clothing and is currently on a gap year working as a visual merchandiser.
You may also want to watch:
She told the Times: “The modelling and fashion world is where I feel that I belong. It’s what best represents me and fulfils my goals.
“It’s where I function best, smile, work hard and accomplish my dreams.”
- 1 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 2 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 3 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 4 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 5 Kensal Rise Triathlon team raises £130,800 for local charities
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 Neasden neighbours' petition against parking and fines plan
- 8 QPR boss Warburton 'frustrated' with defeat away to Bournemouth
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'
During her time in the competition miss Chahal is being sponsored by London Cakes. To vote for her text MISSLONDON09 to 64343 or you can call 09012993779 and quote Jasmine’s exclusive number MISS LONDON 09.
Voting lines close on Tuesday April 2 at midnight.
Further information can also be found at http://www.missengland.info/regionals/misslondon