Wembley student grills the Prime Minister over the decaying state of her school
Khadija Zribi discussed Copland Community School with David Cameron
A pupil from Wembley was delighted after receiving a hand-signed letter from the Prime Minister lauding her efforts in campaigning to get her school re-built.
Year seven pupil Khadija Zribi met David Cameron and grilled him about the state of the facilities at Copland Community School.
Following the meeting, arranged as part of the BBC School News Report Day, the school, in Cecil Avenue, was announced as one of the winners of the Priority School Building Programme.
It will undergo a multi-million pound refurbishment.
You may also want to watch:
Khadija said: “I’m really excited about what’s going on and I’m happy I had an influence on the new building being built.”
Danny Fraser, who also attended the workshop, added: “I think that it’s good that the school has the funds for a new building. I think that this could influence us kids in a positive way. I’m happy I made a positive mark on the school.”
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 5 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
The news report day earlier this year gave pupils the chance to visit the Television Centre in Shepherds Bush for the interview workshop.
Copland, alongside Alperton Community School, will be rebuilt under the programme to help some of the country’s worst schools.
It is not known exactly how much each school will receive but it is estimated that it will cost �18 million to rebuild Copland and �17 million to rebuild Alperton.