Wembley staff manning the phones for Red Nose Day
- Credit: Archant
An organisation based in Wembley will be joining in the fun tonight as Comic Relief’s Red Nose Day goes live on television.
More than 100 members of staff at Network Homes in Fulton Road will be manning the phones as donations from the public flood in from 5pm until 11pm tonight.
They have been getting into the spirit of the event by having a red clothes day, as well as a raffle.
This isn’t the first time the housing association has been chosen as one of the 146 call centres across the UK.
Last year, their ‘madly busy’ call centre helped the charity get to their total of more than £55 million.
Helen Evans, chief executive, said: “We are proud to play a role in fundraising for Comic Relief and delighted to be chosen as a call centre for the third year running.
“I am looking forward to joining the 120 staff who are volunteering tonight to support Red Nose Day 2017.”
- 1 Wembley teen killed in collision named as police seek to trace Ford van
- 2 Brent headteacher fears pupils could bring in knives without uniform policy
- 3 Everything But the Girl singer launches bid to save Welsh Harp
- 4 Brent tower block plans may fall foul of planning law
- 5 New college planned to bring post-school education in Wembley
- 6 Judicial review could 'stop GP surgery privatisation'
- 7 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 8 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 9 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 10 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
The team at Network Homes Comic relief will be shown on BBC One tonight from 7pm.