Looking for work? Huge free Wembley Stadium jobs fair this week
- Credit: Jason Hawkes
Hundreds of jobs and apprenticeships will be on offer at a massive jobs fair in Brent this week.
Wembley Jobs Fair is returning to Wembley Stadium on Thursday, July 21 after a two-year hiatus due to the pandemic.
Brent Council’s, supported by The Forge and Shaw Trust, will feature more than 150 employers showcasing vacancies, across a range of sectors, including global brands such as Tesla, Google and Ikea.
The council’s employment service, Brent Works, will provide one-to-one advice.
Cllr Eleanor Southwood, cabinet member for jobs, economy and citizen experience at Brent Council, said: “We have a brilliant line-up of businesses taking part with a wide-range of opportunities on offer, from apprenticeships right through to full-time employment, there’s something for everyone.
“In Brent, we have one of the lowest average household incomes in the capital, with earnings 16% below the London average.
“We know the ongoing cost-of-living crisis is hitting our low paid workers the hardest and we are committed to supporting our residents in every way we can to find good quality, secure work.”
- 1 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
- 2 'Dangerous' uni student jailed for 38 years for 'random' knife attacks
- 3 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 4 Sleep like a Kingmaker at Warwick Castle
- 5 Guilty: Man guilty of random Neasden knife attacks that left one dead and two injured
- 6 Funeral director arrested after 4 bodies found 'improperly stored' in Wembley
- 7 Sven Badzak: Stabbing victim's family ‘outraged’ as trial delayed
- 8 Jailed: Predator raped 12-year-old girl he met on Snapchat
- 9 Man dies and seven in custody following shooting in Queen's Park
- 10 Jailed: ‘Wicked’ predator murdered woman with jigsaw in Brent shipping container
Wembley Jobs Fair is at Wembley Stadium on Thursday, July 21. Register for free at bit.ly/WembleyJobsFair