Wembley Stadium awarded prestigious status for its commitment to the environment
- Credit: Archant
Wembley Stadium has became the largest ever venue to be awarded a prestigious status for its commitment to being green.
The venue in Engineers Way has been given a three star Industry Green status joining just five other arts and cultural organisations in the country.
The accolade was set up by environmental organisation Julie’s Bicycle in partnership with the Environmental Change Institute of Oxford University.
Three stars is the highest possible rating.
Some of the venues efforts in the past year includes encouraging staff to leave their cars at home buy offering them travel card loans and registering on the Cycle to Work scheme, increasing their recycling rates to 65 per cent from 46 per cent and decreasing remissions from business travel by 10 per cent per performance per seat.
You may also want to watch:
Roger Maslin, managing director of Wembley Stadium, said: “The Green Team at Wembley Stadium has been working towards achieving the three Star Industry Green certification for the past four years and it is testament to the on-going work that has been carried out by the staff that we have achieved this award.
“My congratulations go out to the staff at the stadium that are members of the Green Team, who are directly accountable for the achievement of the Industry Green certification.”
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 5 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 6 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 7 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 8 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 9 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 10 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing