Vale Farm Sports Centre offering facilities for free from May 17
- Credit: Everyone Active
A Sudbury leisure centre is offering locals its facilities for free from May 17 to help Brent get active after the coronavirus lockdown.
Vale Farm Sports Centre, in Watford Road, aims to support budding entrepreneurs or individuals interested in using the space to start their own community groups or projects with no initial costs.
The scheme will allow participating parties 10 weeks free hire of its dojo, sports hall, meeting rooms and 3G Football Pitch.
People are urged to get in touch and secure their slot as there will be a range of times and days through the week where hire is available.
Sessions run by hirers should be open for the public to book.
Chris Williams, area contract manager at Everyone Active, who runs the centre, said: “By welcoming local groups into our centres for free, we can continue to work towards building a more active and lively community here.”
Dr Melanie Smith, director of public health at Brent Council, said it was "fantastic". "This will help residents become more active after lockdown in a COVID secure setting, and improve their physical and mental wellbeing,” she added.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 3 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 4 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 5 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 6 Sisters killed in Kingsbury stabbed with 'extreme force'
- 7 Fire-ravaged Neasden church hall set to be rebuilt
- 8 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 9 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 10 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre