Wembley social group celebrates World Fair Trade Day
- Credit: Archant
The Club @ St John’s enjoyed a delicious lunch and sampled Fairtrade food
A social group for the over 50s marked World Fair Trade Day with a special event in Wembley on Saturday.
The Club @ St John’s enjoyed a delicious lunch and sampled Fairtrade food at St John’s Community Centre in St John’s Road.
Cllr Nana Asante, a Harrow councillor who is a member of Brent Fairtrade Steering Group, gave a talk on the issue.
Cllr Asante, who is also the deputy Mayor of Harrow and chairperson of Harrow Fairtrade Campaign, congratulated Brent on becoming a Fairtrade borough adding that Harrow is working towards achieving similar status.
You may also want to watch:
Brent became a Fairtrade borough last February.
This means the borough is committed to selling, using and promoting Fairtrade products.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 3 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 4 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 5 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 6 Sisters killed in Kingsbury stabbed with 'extreme force'
- 7 Fire-ravaged Neasden church hall set to be rebuilt
- 8 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 9 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 10 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre
World Fair Trade Day takes place on the second Saturday in May each year.