Wembley shops raided by police looking for stolen jewellery
Two men arrested during the operation
Police stormed two shops today (May 10) suspected of selling stolen Indian jewellery and seized gold and drugs.
Brent officers executed warrants at jewellers in Ealing Road and Wembley High Road targeting traders allegedly keeping dodgy necklaces and bracelets.
A 50-year-old man was arrested for handling stolen goods and a 25-year-old man was detained for possession of Class B and C drugs.
During the search a quantity of gold was confiscated and an address in Aspen Drive, Wembley, was also raided.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Lily Benbow said: “We have received information regarding some premises where we believe people are taking in stolen goods and profiting from them.
“I have led this operation to break the link between the burglar and the handler, specifically in relation to stolen Indian jewellery.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
“I will do this for the honest people of Brent and ensure that criminals will not prosper.”
Matthew Gardner, borough commander, added: “If I find any premises in Brent which takes stolen goods without appropriate checks to ensure the seller is credible, I will do everything within the law to close them.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.