Wembley school pupil meets Diversity at Chelsea FC stadium
Abdullahi Nur, 10, won a writing competition
A budding reporter from a Brent primary school was treated to a special performance from a renowned dance group after winning a London wide writing competition.
Abdullahi Nur, of Park Lane Primary School in Park Lane, Wembley, was one of four young writers chosen from hundreds of pupils who took part in the challenge.
As a treat the lucky winners were treated to a performance by former Britain’s Got Talent winners, Diversity.
The competition, ran by food company Danone UK, asked participants from 15 schools to report on and write a story about the progress of their class mates, who were all competing in a healthy eating challenge called Eat Like a Champ.
Abdullahi, 10, joined his fellow winners to meet the dance troupe at Chelsea FC’ Stamford Bridge stadium.
He said: “I was gobsmacked when they told me I’d won the chance to meet Diversity. I’m a big fan of their dancing and I watch Britain’s Got Talent so this has been amazing.
- 1 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 2 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 3 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 4 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 5 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 8 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
- 9 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 10 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
“Being able to come to Chelsea has been fantastic.”
Ashley Banjo, choreographer for Diversity said: “It’s great to be ambassadors for something so positive, and we have been really impressed by all the hard work of all the schools that have taken part.”
In addition to the performance, on Friday, May 18, the youngsters were also able to watch the final of the Danone Nations Cup – a football competition for under 12’s.