Wembley school pupil meets Diversity at Chelsea FC stadium
Abdullahi Nur, 10, won a writing competition
A budding reporter from a Brent primary school was treated to a special performance from a renowned dance group after winning a London wide writing competition.
Abdullahi Nur, of Park Lane Primary School in Park Lane, Wembley, was one of four young writers chosen from hundreds of pupils who took part in the challenge.
As a treat the lucky winners were treated to a performance by former Britain’s Got Talent winners, Diversity.
The competition, ran by food company Danone UK, asked participants from 15 schools to report on and write a story about the progress of their class mates, who were all competing in a healthy eating challenge called Eat Like a Champ.
You may also want to watch:
Abdullahi, 10, joined his fellow winners to meet the dance troupe at Chelsea FC’ Stamford Bridge stadium.
He said: “I was gobsmacked when they told me I’d won the chance to meet Diversity. I’m a big fan of their dancing and I watch Britain’s Got Talent so this has been amazing.
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 7 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 8 Wembley Sailing Club offering families a free lesson in Welsh Harp
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears
“Being able to come to Chelsea has been fantastic.”
Ashley Banjo, choreographer for Diversity said: “It’s great to be ambassadors for something so positive, and we have been really impressed by all the hard work of all the schools that have taken part.”
In addition to the performance, on Friday, May 18, the youngsters were also able to watch the final of the Danone Nations Cup – a football competition for under 12’s.