Wembley School ‘outstanding’
Wembley’s Ark Academy scores top marks with Ofsted
A new school has triumphed with an ‘outstanding’ success after recent Ofsted inspections.
The newly formed ARK Academy School, in Forty Avenue, Wembley, scored top marks from the government inspectorate just four months after it fully opened, in September.
Teaching effectiveness, learning support systems, lesson planning and preparation was praised as outstanding in their first Ofted report.
Mala Jethwa, whose daughter Jenna is in year 2 at the school, which teaches three to 18-year-olds, said: “I am very proud of the progress the school has made as I know the teachers and pupils have worked very hard to make this school a great success.”
You may also want to watch:
In its report, Ofsted inspectors said: “The new school has quickly established high expectations and secured impressive progress in the short period since opening.
“Pupils make outstanding progress in their studies. They greatly enjoy coming to school and attendance is high.”
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 A full-time dedicated Euros Policing Team will police Wembley Stadium
- 4 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 5 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 6 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition
- 7 'Residents have faced a living nightmare as a result of the cladding scandal'
- 8 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 9 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 10 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
Ark Academy is a non-denominational, non-selective school for 1,630 children local to Wembley, Harlesden and Stonebridge.