Wembley Park scoops fastest broadband in the UK crown
- Credit: Archant
Residents who move into new homes in Wembley Park will have the fastest domestic broadband connection in the UK, it has been claimed today.
Not only will they be able to download a HD film within seconds but they will also be able to access their connection when they leave their homes but remain in the area.
Broadband suppliers Velocity 1 are behind the installation which allows 475 households to receive upload and download speeds of up to 1gbs.
This is more than 10 times faster than a street in Cannock, Staffordshire, which was named by comparison website uSwitch recently as having the fastest broadband in the UK with speeds of up to 70mbs.
Phillip Clapperton, from Velocity 1, said: “How many homes in the UK can get 1gb broadband? At Wembley Park 475 homes are currently being sold and all of them will have access to 1gb broadband.”
You may also want to watch:
Carrie Webster, a resident in the new development, said: “Moving into a flat with broadband already wired in was great. This kind of speed is brilliant as well.
“I can stream films and surf the net at the same time and never worry about the connection dropping out.”
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 9 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 10 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
The new homes are part of a £3.4billion development of the area by Quintain.
The 25-year project also includes a four-start Hilton hotel, the London Designer Outlet, Brent Civic Centre, student accommodation boasting 600 shared apartments/studios and a further 520 new homes.