Wembley Park named as a Rugby World Cup 2015 Fanzone location
- Credit: Archant
Wembley Park has been named as an official Rugby World Cup 2015 Fanzone location.
Sports fans attending two of the Rugby World Cup games being held at Wembley Stadium will be able to access the zone before the matches.
Fanzones will include a big screen; with some showing live World Cup matches, rugby activities, food and drink, entertainment and unique content related to Wembley.
The zones, right next to the stadium, will be open when the New Zealand v Argentina and Ireland v Romania matches take place on September 20 and 27, respectively.
Cllr Muhammed Butt, Leader of Brent Council, said: “We are delighted that Wembley Stadium, will host an official Fanzone during the tournament.
You may also want to watch:
“Rugby World Cup 2015 will bring communities closer together and in our diverse borough which is already home to people from all over the world, we are excited to welcome visitors from all over the world too.”
Brent will also host the Rugby World Cup Trophy Tour on September 12 where fans will be able to have photo opportunities at the locations which are to be confirmed.
For more information about the Rugby World Cup tour visit rugbyworldcup.com.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 9 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 10 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools