Wembley Park transforming into ‘an alfresco experience’ ahead of reopening of bars and restaurants
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to Wembley Park this weekend are promised an “al fresco experience” to aid social distancing as bars, restaurants and cafe’s reopen.
Regeneration giant Quintain is doubling the outdoor seating from Saturday (July 4) to transform Olympic Way and Wembley Park Boulevard into “a continental-style outdoor destination”.
Bread Ahead, Boxpark Wembley and Pasta Remoli are amongst those reopening with increased al fresco dining.
Matthew Jones, founder of Bread Ahead, said: “After nearly 10 weeks of closure, we are incredibly excited to once again welcome and serve north west London’s residents and visitors our much-loved custard, jam, and chocolate doughnuts, as well as breads and pastries and sourdough loaves.”
The country is bracing itself for a “Super Saturday” after the government announced pubs and bars will be able to reopen following more than three months under lockdown.
You may also want to watch:
Stores in the London Design Outlet LDO) opened for business on June 15 and this weekend a programme of live entertainment and public art is launched.
Matt Slade, retail director, Quintain, says: “We have a number of existing health and safety measures in place across Wembley Park, including hand sanitiser stations to help maintain hygiene standards and clear signage that instructs visitors on how to safely navigate the area.
- 1 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 2 Habitual Harlesden car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 3 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 4 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 5 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 6 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town
- 7 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
- 8 Cycle challenge at Neasden Temple raises thousands for India
- 9 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 10 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
“We have been working closely with our food and beverage businesses to deliver a reopening plan that meets the safety and wellbeing needs of our community, whilst allowing them to enjoy their favourite local eateries once again.
“We will more than double the outside seating on Olympic Way, to encourage people to dine and drink outside. Boxpark will have additional security to manage capacity, and our Estates team is on site every day.
“Wembley Park benefits from wide, pedestrianised boulevards designed to accommodate large event crowds at Wembley Stadium and The SSE Arena, and therefore we can comfortably offer vibrant al fresco dining, without compromising on social distancing measures elsewhere.”
Quintain is also offering free parking for the first three hours with charges thereafter across 3,000 parking spaces in its Red and Yellow Car Parks.