Wembley hotel used as a brothel and crack house is closed by police
- Credit: Archant
A hotel in Wembley which operated as a brothel and a crack house has been temporarily closed down by Brent Police.
Officers were granted a closure order last week against Wembley Inn Hotel in Ealing Road, after they uncovered evidence of drugs on the premises during a police raid.
The hotel boasts 21 ensuite bedrooms with all amenities and received four out of five stars by a reviewer on online travel site Tripadvisor.
However residents had complained that in the last six months it was being used for drug dealing and prostitution.
They also raised concerns over intimidating behaviour displayed by the constant flow of visitors to the building.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Rob Webb, from Brent’s Safer Neighbourhoods team, said: “It (the hotel) was well known as both a brothel and drugs venue and we have listened to local residents and business acting swiftly and robustly to ensure the criminal activity ceased.
“It has been a major driver for crime and anti-social behaviour in the Wembley Central area.
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 3 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 4 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 5 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 6 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
- 7 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 8 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 9 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 10 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
“Brent Police are committed to taking affirmative action against those who blight their neighbourhoods through crime and anti-social behaviour.”
The hotel must stay closed until April 2.