Wembley garden designer in the finals of prestigious national contest
- Credit: Archant
Christine Wilkie is one of four battling it out in the Grand Designs Live competition
A garden designer from Wembley is celebrating after reaching the finals of a prestigious competition.
Christine Wilkie is one of four finalists in the Grand Designs Live competition.
The contest, which is based on the Channel 4 TV series aims to find winners across a range of categories including garden design and home improvement.
Ms Wilkie, who lives in Norval Road, has been shortlisted for her garden design creation which will now be judged by a panel including host of the TV show Kevin Mcleod at the Excell Arena in May.
You may also want to watch:
The 52-year-old, who only took up the hobby in 2008, told the Times: “I’m really delighted to have been selected it’s a huge honour.”
The design, called Glow, had to meet Grand Designs’ ethos of contemporary, inspirational, ethical/environmental.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 3 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 6 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
Grand Designs Live London takes place at the Excel in Docklands, from May 4 to 12.
If Ms Wilkie is crowned the winner she will claim the title of garden designer of the year.
For more information on Christine and her company Christine Wilkie Garden Design call 020 8904 4157 or go to www.christinewilkie.co.uk