Wembley father creates a winter wonderland for daughters who have never seen snow
- Credit: Archant
A fun-loving father created a winter wonderland outside his Wembley Park home so his two young daughters could see and play with snow for the first time.
Asif Sheikh had three tonnes of snow delivered to the communal garden outside his flat as an early Christmas present for his girls.
While his daughters, Sophia, seven, and Elena, three, slept the engineering manager created the snow theme surprise.
The 44-year-old filmed the moment their mum, Miriam, 39, led them blindfolded to the garden before removing their masks to reveal the surprise.
The girls burst into screams and laughter.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Sheikh, who works for Transport for London, said: “The girls have never seen snow because our winters are so mild.
“I was determined to change that this year.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
“I found a company online that makes snow and got it delivered early in the morning.
“It was a bit of a race to get it all set up before the girls woke – I had to make sure my wife kept the curtains closed while I built the snowman and placed the cameras.
“It was a lot of effort but it was so worth it just to see their faces – they totally loved it.
“They’ve only ever seen snow on TV and in films like Frozen, which they were actually watching as I was shovelling the snow on Saturday.”
Sophia said: “It was brilliant to have our own snowman. I couldn’t believe what Dad had done when I took off the eye mask. We’re so lucky.”
Mrs Sheikh, a HR manager, added: “Asif loves nothing more than pleasing his girls and I’ve got to say he did an amazing job with all that snow.
“It was the perfect Christmas present.”