Wembley community library extends a lending hand to Neasden residents
Friends of Barham Library donates books to St Raphael’s Residents Association
A community library in Wembley has extended a lending hand to residents on a Neasden housing estate with a generous donation.
Friends of Barham Library (FoBH) have donated three boxes filled with books to St Raphael’s Residents Association (SRRA) in Henderson Close, to help them with their good causes.
The organisation runs computer classes, coffee mornings, and an after school homework club from their centre in the St Raphael’s Estate.
The gift is a result of SRRA turning to FoBH to help them set up a community reading room as they have been affected by the closure of nearby Tokyngton Library.
You may also want to watch:
FoBH was established after Brent Council axed Tokyngton, Barham, Preston, Neasden, Cricklewood and Kensal Rise to save �1million last year.
Cllr Paul Lorber, leader of Brent’s Lib Dem group and FoBH member, said: “Friends of Barham Library are happy to help any local group who wish to set up their own mini library.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 6 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 7 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 10 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
“The volunteers at St Raphael’s Residents Association are doing a great job working for their local community and we were very happy to help them out and give them a boost by donating some books”.
F0BH’s library is based at 428 High Road, Wembley.
Opening hours are Mondays and Wednesdays 12am to 5pm and Saturdays 11am to 4pm.