Wembley community library extends a lending hand to Neasden residents
Friends of Barham Library donates books to St Raphael’s Residents Association
A community library in Wembley has extended a lending hand to residents on a Neasden housing estate with a generous donation.
Friends of Barham Library (FoBH) have donated three boxes filled with books to St Raphael’s Residents Association (SRRA) in Henderson Close, to help them with their good causes.
The organisation runs computer classes, coffee mornings, and an after school homework club from their centre in the St Raphael’s Estate.
The gift is a result of SRRA turning to FoBH to help them set up a community reading room as they have been affected by the closure of nearby Tokyngton Library.
You may also want to watch:
FoBH was established after Brent Council axed Tokyngton, Barham, Preston, Neasden, Cricklewood and Kensal Rise to save �1million last year.
Cllr Paul Lorber, leader of Brent’s Lib Dem group and FoBH member, said: “Friends of Barham Library are happy to help any local group who wish to set up their own mini library.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent pub...REVEALED
- 8 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
“The volunteers at St Raphael’s Residents Association are doing a great job working for their local community and we were very happy to help them out and give them a boost by donating some books”.
F0BH’s library is based at 428 High Road, Wembley.
Opening hours are Mondays and Wednesdays 12am to 5pm and Saturdays 11am to 4pm.