Wembley City will be the hub of student life
Accommodation for 660 university under-graduates will open next summer
Wembley City will be the new home for hundreds of university students next year.
The multi-million pound regeneration scheme will open its accommodation for 660 students next summer.
University of Westminster students from a campus in nearby Harrow are expected to take up residency in the building which comprises 80 “clusters” of six en-suite bedroom units with shared kitchen/living areas and 179 one-bedroom studio apartments.
The accommodation is seen as a key element of Wembley City as it hopes to inject student vibrancy into the area.
You may also want to watch:
The project, masterminded by Quintain, spans across 14 acres and also includes 4,300 new homes, an 85-store designer shopping outlet, a large Hilton hotel and Brent Council’s new civic centre.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 9 Mayhew staff cull risk as animal charity is 'restructured'
- 10 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'