Wembley City to host more football games
New pitches allow footy fans to mimic their idols
FOOTY fans will be able to enjoy a kick about just yards from where their sporting idols play thanks to a new pitch.
The site of six five-a-side and one seven-a-side pitches have been installed next to Wembley Stadium as part of Quintain’s regeneration scheme of the area.
In addition to the seven fully floodlit pitches, the site also boasts changing facilities and a sports bar.
Janet Viazzani, chief operating officer at Wembley City, said: “To score a goal at Wembley is the dream of every player, young and old, that’s ever kicked a football; the arrival of Powerleague at Wembley City will enable people to do just that.
You may also want to watch:
“The new site is a fantastic amenity for the residents of Wembley City and the wider community and we are certain the draw of the stadium will make this one of the leading five-a-side centres in the country.”
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 Teenager jailed after robbing sex worker at knifepoint
- 4 Police appeal for missing woman from Cricklewood
- 5 The Repair Shop’s Jay Blades on how he mended his own life
- 6 Parents 'not consulted' on restructuring of Brondesbury Park primary school
- 7 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 8 Kilburn residents shout 'save our square' from over-development
- 9 Exhibition celebrating Gujarati influences launches in Willesden
- 10 Police officer convicted after being caught drink driving