Wembley Central up for sale following £90m makeover
- Credit: www.mattlivey.com
Wembley Central is up for sale after its £90million makeover.
The redeveloped Wembley town centre’s commercial element has been put on sale by developers St. Modwen, which is seeking offers in excess of £37.5 million from potential buyers.
The urban quarter, officially launched in March, is part of the wider regeneration of Wembley and the result of nine years of redevelopment which has transformed the area.
Where once Wembley Central resembled a tired 1960s shopping centre, it is now a vibrant multi purpose destination anchored by TK Maxx, Tesco, Argos, and an 86-bedroom Travelodge hotel.
The news follows the sale of Quintain’s Wembley Park’s by US equity firm Lone Star in August.
You may also want to watch:
Wembley Central has 118,000 sq ft of retail space next to the refurbished and upgraded tube station and 24 hour parking. In addition, 273 new residential homes have been built.
Killian Morris, senior development manager for St Modwen, said: “The Wembley Central redevelopment has been a comprehensive mixed-use project delivering a modern, bustling and vibrant new centre.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 4 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
“With national retail brands, catering, leisure and new homes built around a key transport hub, it has been a real success story, impacting positively on the whole of the town centre.
“The result is something that we are very proud of and which has also been recognised with Wembley Central being shortlisted for a major industry award.”
The agents for the sale are Kitchen LaFrenais Morgan (KLM).