Wembley-born Rogue One star Riz Ahmed backs Brent’s bid for London Borough of Culture 2020
- Credit: ABC
The force is most certainly with Brent as a Wembley-born actor backs the council’s culture bid.
Riz Ahmed, Rogue One star and Emmy award-winning actor, is supporting Brent’s bid for London Borough of Culture 2020 and a £1 million windfall.
He said in a statement: “Brent is an incredible borough bursting with energy, talent and creativity
“Much of that is down to the influences of different communities and cultures that have come from all over the world to make my home borough the unique place that it is today. I’m backing Brent’s bid and am tipping it to win London Borough of Culture 2020.”
The rising Hollywood star was awarded the Emmy for outstanding lead actor in a limited series for his role In the Night Of series.
You may also want to watch:
He has won major roles in blockbusters Jason Bourne and Rogue One, the latest in the Star Wars series.
Under the new initiative from the Mayor of London, the winning borough will receive more than £1m of funding towards creative activities for their area.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 6 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 7 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
To pledge your support for the bid and tell the council about your favourite places in Brent on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram use the hashtags #mylocalculture and#backbrentsbid