Wembley-born Rogue One star Riz Ahmed backs Brent’s bid for London Borough of Culture 2020
- Credit: ABC
The force is most certainly with Brent as a Wembley-born actor backs the council’s culture bid.
Riz Ahmed, Rogue One star and Emmy award-winning actor, is supporting Brent’s bid for London Borough of Culture 2020 and a £1 million windfall.
He said in a statement: “Brent is an incredible borough bursting with energy, talent and creativity
“Much of that is down to the influences of different communities and cultures that have come from all over the world to make my home borough the unique place that it is today. I’m backing Brent’s bid and am tipping it to win London Borough of Culture 2020.”
The rising Hollywood star was awarded the Emmy for outstanding lead actor in a limited series for his role In the Night Of series.
He has won major roles in blockbusters Jason Bourne and Rogue One, the latest in the Star Wars series.
Under the new initiative from the Mayor of London, the winning borough will receive more than £1m of funding towards creative activities for their area.
- 1 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 2 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 3 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
- 4 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 5 Jailed: Kilburn man linked to 8 knifepoint robberies in St John's Wood area
- 6 Injured moped driver appeal after Dollis Hill collision
- 7 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 8 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 9 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
- 10 Three arrested and taser discharged during vehicle stop in Kingsbury
To pledge your support for the bid and tell the council about your favourite places in Brent on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram use the hashtags #mylocalculture and#backbrentsbid