Wembley author set to launch novel of faith, forbidden love and occult meddling
- Credit: Archant
A decade after he first dreamed up a story of meddling in-laws, forbidden love and voodoo rituals, an author and Church elder from Wembley is gearing up to celebrate the publication of his debut novel in September.
Ghanaian-born Author Nick Ochere will be joined by special guests including Dr Michael Ntumy a former chairman of the Church of Pentecost, to launch “Your Own People” at Wembley Central Assembly of the Church of Pentecost in Magnet Lane, Wembley, on Sept 12.
Mr Ochere, 55, whose novel tells the story of Joe, a young man being pressurized to marry into a rich family says he wants to spread the message of “holding your head high in the face of pressure and opposition” with this tale of love, occult spells and the triumph of faith in a Ghanaian Village.
Speaking ahead of the publication of the first part in a three-novel series, Mr Ochere said: “I can’t tell you how excited I am. Everyone who reads this book will see themselves in it.
“It took me 10 years to write the book and I wrote it all on buses or trains- whenever I could spare the time I would be writing.”
You may also want to watch:
The official launch of the book, which is being published through AuthorHouse UK, will feature a Question and Answer with Mr Ochere as well as an address from guest speaker William Osafo, Minister for education at the Ghana High Commission.
For more information on the launch visit nickochere.com.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley