Wembley author celebrates launch of debut novel in style
- Credit: Archant
A Ghanaian author from Wembley celebrated the launch of his debut novel with dignitaries and friends and family on Saturday.
Nick Ochere was joined by more than 300 special guests including William Osafo, the Minister for Education at the Ghana High Commission, to toast the official launch of “Your own people”, the first in a three-novel series at East Lane Business Park in Wembley.
Mr Ochere said: “It was a really nice evening- there were a lot of speeches and the chief from our town in Ghana as well some of my friends and family from Germany came.”
The novel, which tells the story of Joe, a young man being pressurized to marry into a rich family in a Ghanaian village against a back drop of forbidden love, voodoo ritual and faith, was written over a ten-year period.
The evening, which was attended by many congregation members of the Wembley Central Assembly of the Church of Pentecost in Magnet Lane where Mr Ochere works as a Church Elder, featured singing, dances and a special address from Deputy Mayor Cllr Parvez Ahmed.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Ochere added: “I would like to thank all of those who came. It is my wish that those who came will now take the word around of the book.”
The book teaches readers the value of “holding your head high” also explores relationships with in-laws and the concept of persevering until you find “the light at the end of the tunnel.”
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 7 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 8 Man charged with Colindale murder
- 9 Four men connected to Craig Small's death in Wembley to appear for trial next year
- 10 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
For more information on the book or to buy your copy see: www.nickochere.com.