Wembley and Neasden hit by mystery stench
Residents and visitors complain over ‘putrid’ smell.
A mysterious odour has descended on parts of the borough leaving residents in Wembley and Neasden holding their noses.
The smell, which has been in the air for the past few days, appears to be localised to areas close to Neasden and Wembley.
Daniel Paine, of Quainton Street, Neasden, said: “It is horrid. It smells like rotting rubbish or something and you feel like you can’t escape it.
“I have to keep my windows and doors closed to get respite from it in my home. I’ve had a look around but can’t find anything that could be the cause.”
You may also want to watch:
Other people took to Twitter to complain about the smell.
One user, called Antonia Anni, said: “There’s a terrible smell between Wembley Park and Neasden.”
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 3 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 4 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 7 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
Another, called Sarah Fox, said: “Want to vom everday travelling between Wembley Park & Neasden. What is that putrid smell?!”
Have you experienced the bad smell where you live? If so contact the Brent and Kilburn Times on 020 7433 6241, email firstname.lastname@example.org or through Twitter @bktimes