Wembley and Neasden hit by mystery stench
Residents and visitors complain over ‘putrid’ smell.
A mysterious odour has descended on parts of the borough leaving residents in Wembley and Neasden holding their noses.
The smell, which has been in the air for the past few days, appears to be localised to areas close to Neasden and Wembley.
Daniel Paine, of Quainton Street, Neasden, said: “It is horrid. It smells like rotting rubbish or something and you feel like you can’t escape it.
“I have to keep my windows and doors closed to get respite from it in my home. I’ve had a look around but can’t find anything that could be the cause.”
You may also want to watch:
Other people took to Twitter to complain about the smell.
One user, called Antonia Anni, said: “There’s a terrible smell between Wembley Park and Neasden.”
- 1 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 2 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 3 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition
- 4 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 5 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 6 Fresh appeal to find mum of newborn baby girl found in Grand Union Canal
- 7 Three Brent Labour councillors apologised for wrongdoing in 2020
- 8 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
- 9 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 10 Wembley Park's bars and restaurants back in business on May 17
Another, called Sarah Fox, said: “Want to vom everday travelling between Wembley Park & Neasden. What is that putrid smell?!”
Have you experienced the bad smell where you live? If so contact the Brent and Kilburn Times on 020 7433 6241, email email@example.com or through Twitter @bktimes