Wembley and Neasden hit by mystery stench
Residents and visitors complain over ‘putrid’ smell.
A mysterious odour has descended on parts of the borough leaving residents in Wembley and Neasden holding their noses.
The smell, which has been in the air for the past few days, appears to be localised to areas close to Neasden and Wembley.
Daniel Paine, of Quainton Street, Neasden, said: “It is horrid. It smells like rotting rubbish or something and you feel like you can’t escape it.
“I have to keep my windows and doors closed to get respite from it in my home. I’ve had a look around but can’t find anything that could be the cause.”
You may also want to watch:
Other people took to Twitter to complain about the smell.
One user, called Antonia Anni, said: “There’s a terrible smell between Wembley Park and Neasden.”
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 How shared ownership is helping first-time buyers step onto the property ladder in the capital
Another, called Sarah Fox, said: “Want to vom everday travelling between Wembley Park & Neasden. What is that putrid smell?!”
Have you experienced the bad smell where you live? If so contact the Brent and Kilburn Times on 020 7433 6241, email firstname.lastname@example.org or through Twitter @bktimes