Welsh Harp cleaned up by big-hearted McDonald’s staff
Team targeted area blighted by litterbugs
A GROUP of McDonald’s workers have cleaned up an area targeted by litterbugs as part of a takeaway project in the community.
The team spruced up Welsh Harp Reservoir, resulting in 105 bags bursting with litter being collected by the 25-strong gang who work in the West Hendon branch.
The event was held as part of McDonald’s Spring Clean, which aims to create a cleaner and more pleasant area for the community.
Atul Pathak, branch franchisee, said: “As a Brent and Barnet businessman, I see first-hand the negative effect litter has on the environment. It’s unsightly and no one wants it strewn across their community. However, litter is everyone’s responsibility.
You may also want to watch:
“I think if we all play our part and join together to tackle the problem, litter can be greatly reduced. These litter picks are a great way for local people to participate and show their pride in their environment.”
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Dykes hurt as QPR topple Hatters to end season on winning note
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 10 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road