Welsh Harp cleaned up by big-hearted McDonald’s staff
Team targeted area blighted by litterbugs
A GROUP of McDonald’s workers have cleaned up an area targeted by litterbugs as part of a takeaway project in the community.
The team spruced up Welsh Harp Reservoir, resulting in 105 bags bursting with litter being collected by the 25-strong gang who work in the West Hendon branch.
The event was held as part of McDonald’s Spring Clean, which aims to create a cleaner and more pleasant area for the community.
Atul Pathak, branch franchisee, said: “As a Brent and Barnet businessman, I see first-hand the negative effect litter has on the environment. It’s unsightly and no one wants it strewn across their community. However, litter is everyone’s responsibility.
You may also want to watch:
“I think if we all play our part and join together to tackle the problem, litter can be greatly reduced. These litter picks are a great way for local people to participate and show their pride in their environment.”
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 QPR boss 'disappointed' as two late goals cost his side at West Brom
- 9 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 10 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground