Yellow rain warning: London roads and railways set to be hit by deluge
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A yellow warning for rain has been issued for London today (September 14) by the Met Office.
The agency has said there is a chance homes and businesses could be flooded while public transport services could be delayed.
Spray on roads could also affect travel, while there is a ‘small chance’ some communities could be cut off.
The yellow warning is in place for much of the country for the remainder of the day.
There are no weather warnings in place for the rest of the week.
A Met Office forecast said: “[It will be] increasingly cloudy as an area of rain moves erratically northeast across the region.
"The rain will be locally heavy but should ease during the afternoon.”
Tomorrow, weather is set to be cloudy.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 5 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 6 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 7 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 8 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 9 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
- 10 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting