Yellow rain warning: London roads and railways set to be hit by deluge
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A yellow warning for rain has been issued for London today (September 14) by the Met Office.
The agency has said there is a chance homes and businesses could be flooded while public transport services could be delayed.
Spray on roads could also affect travel, while there is a ‘small chance’ some communities could be cut off.
The yellow warning is in place for much of the country for the remainder of the day.
There are no weather warnings in place for the rest of the week.
A Met Office forecast said: “[It will be] increasingly cloudy as an area of rain moves erratically northeast across the region.
"The rain will be locally heavy but should ease during the afternoon.”
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow, weather is set to be cloudy.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 4 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 5 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 6 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 'It's yours to keep', Boney M's Liz Mitchell talks NFTs, new old music and a future world tour
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 Charlie Cooper guides Wealdstone to victory at King's Lynn Town