Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning of heavy rain for London.
Starting from 4pm this afternoon, forecasters have predicted disruptions this evening and overnight as a result of the wet and windy weather.
They have advised of potential disruption to power supplies and other services, while "flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely".
Journeys are also expected to be impacted due to flooding on the roads.
This comes following a thunderstorm warning which runs through to midday today (October 20).
The weather is expected to remain relatively dry across London until later this afternoon, with temperatures of 16°/17°.
- 1 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 2 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 3 Covid-19: How Brent's current cases compare to November 2020
- 4 Officers barred for 'shameful' misconduct over murdered sisters
- 5 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 6 Teenager who murdered beloved sisters in Kingsbury park jailed for life
- 7 The next bishop of Willesden chosen by school students
- 8 QPR boss Warburton delighted for Luke Amos after winning goal
- 9 Handcuffing: What is the Met's new policy and why has it been introduced?
- 10 Proposed bus changes could see Hampstead bus route 168 merged