Wealdstone FC sacks Neasden footballer who called black woman a n****r
- Credit: Archant
A semi-professional footballer from Neasden who called a black woman a n*****r before assaulting a police officer has been sacked by his club.
Wealdstone FC has terminated the contract of midfielder Michael Corcoran, 28, from Lynton Close, following his convicted for racially aggravated harassment and assaulting a police officer.
Thames Magistrates’ Court heard during his trial that he had drank almost a gallon of beer before launching the abusive tirade at Michelle Kwarteng at Kebab Zero in Shoreditch at about 11pm on April 22 last year.
The former Northern Ireland Under-21s captain who also played for Cardiff and Oxford United stared into Ms Kwarteng’s eyes while singing a song using the N-word along with three friends at the kebab shop.
Ms Kwarteng called police and pointed Corcoran out to PC Tracey Chapman.
You may also want to watch:
When the officers tried to arrest him he shoved her aside and tried to flee the scene but was hit by a car and had to be treated for minor injuries.
He had denied any wrongdoing and was sentenced to 220 hours unpaid work, fined £1,085 and must pay £150 compensation to PC Chapman and £100 to Ms Kwarteng.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 4 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
Following his conviction in January he was suspended by Wealdstone FC and today the club released a statement announcing his contract had been terminated.
It said: “Following the completion of an ongoing disciplinary process, Wealdstone FC have terminated the playing contract of Michael Corcoran.”