Warnock claims Swansea signing Routledge wanted QPR move
Former loanee was interested in returning to Rangers
QPR boss Neil Warnock has claimed that new Swansea City signing Wayne Routledge wanted to make the move to Rangers.
The 26-year-old joined the Swans for a fee thought to be around �2million from Newcastle United and the R’s boss claims the former Spurs winger was keen to return to the club where he spent last season on loan.
“We lost out on Wayne Routledge so you’ve got to have an option, a different plan for certain games,” admitted Warnock.
“Routledge showed pace can help, it can hurt teams, so I think we need that as well.
You may also want to watch:
“He did want to come back but it’s one of those things because now he’s not coming back, he’s signed for someone else and we’ve got to look to what we’re going to do.”
Routledge made 19 appearances for QPR last season.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 9 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds