Warnock claims Swansea signing Routledge wanted QPR move
Former loanee was interested in returning to Rangers
QPR boss Neil Warnock has claimed that new Swansea City signing Wayne Routledge wanted to make the move to Rangers.
The 26-year-old joined the Swans for a fee thought to be around �2million from Newcastle United and the R’s boss claims the former Spurs winger was keen to return to the club where he spent last season on loan.
“We lost out on Wayne Routledge so you’ve got to have an option, a different plan for certain games,” admitted Warnock.
“Routledge showed pace can help, it can hurt teams, so I think we need that as well.
You may also want to watch:
“He did want to come back but it’s one of those things because now he’s not coming back, he’s signed for someone else and we’ve got to look to what we’re going to do.”
Routledge made 19 appearances for QPR last season.
- 1 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 2 'Residents have faced a living nightmare as a result of the cladding scandal'
- 3 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 4 Cricklewood Library crowdfunder launched to 'get it over the line'
- 5 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition
- 6 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 7 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 9 A full-time dedicated Euros Policing Team will police Wembley Stadium
- 10 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court