Warnock claims Swansea signing Routledge wanted QPR move
Former loanee was interested in returning to Rangers
QPR boss Neil Warnock has claimed that new Swansea City signing Wayne Routledge wanted to make the move to Rangers.
The 26-year-old joined the Swans for a fee thought to be around �2million from Newcastle United and the R’s boss claims the former Spurs winger was keen to return to the club where he spent last season on loan.
“We lost out on Wayne Routledge so you’ve got to have an option, a different plan for certain games,” admitted Warnock.
“Routledge showed pace can help, it can hurt teams, so I think we need that as well.
You may also want to watch:
“He did want to come back but it’s one of those things because now he’s not coming back, he’s signed for someone else and we’ve got to look to what we’re going to do.”
Routledge made 19 appearances for QPR last season.
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils