Virgin London Marathon runners raise £11k for St Luke’s Hospice in Kenton
- Credit: Archant
A total of £11,100 has been raised for a charity in Kenton by nine runners who took part in Sunday’s Virgin London Marathon.
The big-hearted participants completed the 26.2 miles challenge in support of St Luke’s Hospice in Kenton Road.
The charity, which relies on donations and legacies, helps people living with terminal or incurable illnesses and provides support to their families.
Sian Cherrington, 25, was inspired to run by her family and the care St Luke’s provided to her great-grandmother.
She is the third generation in her family to take part in the London marathon since it began in 1981.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I’d started running earlier in the year and wanted to push myself further. My father and grandfather ran the London Marathon in the past so I thought it would be the perfect challenge. I chose to run for St Luke’s as a little over 10 years ago, they looked after my great-grandmother, Enid who has also volunteered in the Stanmore shop since then.
“The marathon is incredible, amazing and insane! It was by far the hardest thing I’ve ever done but I had a fantastic time and have some great memories. I would recommend anyone to do it. St Luke’s make a huge difference, not only to their patients, but to all of their families too.
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 10 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
“Thank you to the hospice for giving me the opportunity and a massive thank you to all those that have sponsored me, I’m very grateful.”
Fore more information about St Luke’s visit stlukes-hospice.org.