Vine hopes for finishing touch
James Callow Rowan Vine believes his partnership with Jay Simpson will soon pay dividends for QPR. Goals have been elusive for the R's this term, but a five-goal avalanche last weekend hinted at better times to come – even if Vine is yet to find the net.
Rowan Vine believes his partnership with Jay Simpson will soon pay dividends for QPR.
Goals have been elusive for the R's this term, but a five-goal avalanche last weekend hinted at better times to come - even if Vine is yet to find the net this term.
Vine is sure his high energy pairing with on-loan Arsenal starlet Simpson can send Jim Magilton's boys on an upward curve.
You may also want to watch:
"Jay's a good player - he's a willing runner and he'll always go in behind. He's direct and powerful and we've tried to work close together," said Vine, whose R's career has been injury-ravaged.
"The final third's the place where the game's won, so you do need to get it right. We've tried a few partnerships this season, but we haven't scored enough goals, simple as that."
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 6 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 7 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 8 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
"We're playing well away from home - we're confident we can go places and we've got enough quality to hurt teams."
QPR's striking options extend that pair, with Adel Taarabt, Patrick Agyemang and Angelo Balanta vying for forward roles.
Vine hopes the competition will spur players on: "Whoever goes in there has pressure to take their chances. Hopefully we'll find that partnership, to get the goals that keep us at the right end of the league table.