Video: Kensal Green schoolboy jailed for 20 years for Hackney contract killing
Teenager was just 15 when he gunned down young mother for �200
A Kensal Green schoolboy who became the country’s youngest ever contract killer has been sentenced to life with a minimum tariff of 20 years.
Santre Sanchez Gayle, of Compton Road, was just 15 when he was paid just �200 carry out the contract killing of 26 year-old Gulistan Subasi.
The Turkish mother-of-one was shot dead as she answered her mother’s door in Hackney in March 22 last year.
The Old Bailey heard, Gayle who is now 16, was recruited to carry out the killing by Izak Billy, 22, of Pember Road, Kensal Rise.
You may also want to watch:
But three others including Miss Subasi’s ex-husband Serdar Ozbek, 28, and alleged middlemen Leigh Bryan, 25, and Paul Nicoloau, 29, were cleared.
The former City Academy student showed no reaction as he was told he would serve at least 20 years.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 9 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
Judge Stephen Kramer QC told him: “The evidence is you were an easily led immature youngster who if money was offered was capable of violence out of loyalty, having cynically been used by others.
“I am satisfied you shot and killed Gulistan for money and at the bidding of an older man who you were trying to impress.
“Anyone who has seen the short but telling CCTV clip of the shooting cannot help but be struck by the chillingly deliberate and coldblooded way you went about your business.
“It was an efficient, ruthless and clinical execution.’
There was sobbing and sniffing from the public gallery as he and Billy were led down to the cells.
Billy, now 22, was jailed for a minimum of 22 years for the murder and five years concurrent for making threats to kill 19-year-old Ryan Hatunga.
Mr Hatunga gave evidence in court after Gayle confessed to him that he had killed Ms Subasi.