Video: Kensal Green schoolboy jailed for 20 years for Hackney contract killing
Teenager was just 15 when he gunned down young mother for �200
A Kensal Green schoolboy who became the country’s youngest ever contract killer has been sentenced to life with a minimum tariff of 20 years.
Santre Sanchez Gayle, of Compton Road, was just 15 when he was paid just �200 carry out the contract killing of 26 year-old Gulistan Subasi.
The Turkish mother-of-one was shot dead as she answered her mother’s door in Hackney in March 22 last year.
The Old Bailey heard, Gayle who is now 16, was recruited to carry out the killing by Izak Billy, 22, of Pember Road, Kensal Rise.
You may also want to watch:
But three others including Miss Subasi’s ex-husband Serdar Ozbek, 28, and alleged middlemen Leigh Bryan, 25, and Paul Nicoloau, 29, were cleared.
The former City Academy student showed no reaction as he was told he would serve at least 20 years.
- 1 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 2 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 3 'Residents have faced a living nightmare as a result of the cladding scandal'
- 4 Cricklewood Library crowdfunder launched to 'get it over the line'
- 5 Man shot multiple times in Dudden Hill remains in stable condition
- 6 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 7 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 9 A full-time dedicated Euros Policing Team will police Wembley Stadium
- 10 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
Judge Stephen Kramer QC told him: “The evidence is you were an easily led immature youngster who if money was offered was capable of violence out of loyalty, having cynically been used by others.
“I am satisfied you shot and killed Gulistan for money and at the bidding of an older man who you were trying to impress.
“Anyone who has seen the short but telling CCTV clip of the shooting cannot help but be struck by the chillingly deliberate and coldblooded way you went about your business.
“It was an efficient, ruthless and clinical execution.’
There was sobbing and sniffing from the public gallery as he and Billy were led down to the cells.
Billy, now 22, was jailed for a minimum of 22 years for the murder and five years concurrent for making threats to kill 19-year-old Ryan Hatunga.
Mr Hatunga gave evidence in court after Gayle confessed to him that he had killed Ms Subasi.