Video: Charity fundraising event to be held in honour of community champion from Wembley
- Credit: Archant
A Brent-based organisation is holding a free family charity fundraising event in Wembley in memory of an awarding-winning community champion on Sunday.
Father Figure, which encourages dads to develop closer relationships with their children, aims to raise funds for the Community Football Federation (CFF) and the British Heart Foundation (BHF) in honour of Trevor Hutton.
The 52-year-old co-founder of AFC Wembley, a grassroots football club, died suddenly on April 30.
Known affectionately as ‘Trevor T’, Mr Hutton, who lived in Wembley, also worked in the music industry and was a former PE teacher at Capital City Academy in Doyle Gardens, Willesden.
His tireless work with young people in the community is heralded for saving many from going down the wrong path in life, while giving others the first step on to a successful career.
You may also want to watch:
CFF was Mr Hutton’s last project which he set up with his only child Tajean to help grassroots football gain greater recognition.
BHF was especially chosen by Mr Hutton’s family as he died from heart disease.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 3 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 4 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 5 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 'We're angry': London councillors demand Met tackles violence to women
- 8 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 9 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 10 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
David Mullings, founder of Father Figure, presented Mr Hutton with first ever Pride of Brent Awards for his outstanding contribution to the community last year.
Tajean told the Times: “This event is about togetherness. We’re starting as we mean to go on.” Activities on the day include a 2k fun run.]
The Family Fun Day and Fundraiser event will take place at Poplar Grove Youth Centre in Poplar Grove, from noon to 7pm.
Related links: Award-winning community champion from Wembley dies at 52