Tell us your stories to mark the 75th anniversary of VE Day
- Credit: Archant
This year we mark the 75th anniversary of Victory in Europe Day and to celebrate we would like to share readers’ memories.
The early May bank holiday has been put back to Friday, May 8 this year to coincide with the day when fighting against Nazi Germany ended in Europe in the Second World War.
The holiday marks the start of three days of commemoration with events planned up and down the country.
To mark this historic anniversary, we would like to share stories from readers who remember VE Day 1945 either because they fought during the 1939-45 conflict or joined celebrations at the time.
If you don't mind being named, photographed and telling us how you marked the occasion, please get in touch with reporter Jon King on 020 8477 3893 or email email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, if you are planning an event in the area, please let us know.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 3 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 4 Met officer found guilty of assault after grabbing victim when off duty
- 5 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 6 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 7 Fire-ravaged Neasden church hall set to be rebuilt
- 8 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 9 Sisters killed in Kingsbury stabbed with 'extreme force'
- 10 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre