Vale Farm Sports Centre helps raise £115k for the Anthony Nolan Trust
- Credit: Archant
A sports centre in Sudbury has helped raise £115,000 for a blood cancer charity over the last year through a range of activities and events.
Everyone Active, which runs Vale Farm Sports Centre in partnership with Brent Council, took part in a nationwide drive in support of the Anthony Nolan Trust (ANT).
The charity matches individuals willing to donate their blood stem cells or bone marrow to people who desperately need lifesaving transplants.
ANT was picked as Everyone Active’s ‘charity of the year’ and in the last 12 months centres around the country held activities including triathlons, the Swimathon, gym challenges and group exercise sessions to raise funds.
Chris Williams, Everyone Active contract manager at Vale Farm, said: “The Anthony Nolan Trust is a charity very close to our hearts.
“We are delighted with the money that has been raised so far, and thank everyone for their generous donations. We will continue to do everything we can to raise vital funds for those suffering from blood disease and their families, as well as increasing awareness for Anthony Nolan Trust.”
Continuing its pledge to raise funds, Everyone Active is hoping to raise another £135,000 this financial year, to reach their target of £250,000.
To find out more about activities taking place at Vale Farm Sports Centre call 020 8908 6545 or visit everyoneactive.com.
- 1 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 2 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 3 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 4 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 5 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 8 Possible traffic disruptions in north London this week
- 9 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 10 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street