First Covid vaccine rolled out in Brent
- Credit: Barry Gardiner
GP practices this week began administering the first vaccine against Covid-19.
Octogenarian James Canning at the Wembley Centre for Health and Care was the first to receive the vaccine.
Brent North MP Barry Gardiner said: “I am delighted that Brent has started to roll out the vaccine.
"Congratulations to The Wembley Centre for Health and Care and to the CCG who have worked with BAPS to expand their staff and deliver this."
This week, English GP practices started taking delivery of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine from central hubs, with the over-80s among those called up to receive the jab.
You may also want to watch:
Professor Martin Marshall, chair of the Royal College of GPs, said: “GPs and our teams are about to embark on an enormous challenge, delivering the Covid-19 vaccination programme in the community whilst also delivering the expanded flu vaccine programme and the usual care and services our patients rely on us for.
“There are also logistical challenges but general practice has an excellent track record of delivering mass vaccination programmes, and we want to use this experience to help protect people from Covid-19 and start getting life back to normal again."
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Body of newborn baby found in Grand Union Canal in Willesden
- 3 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Three men charged after police officer injured in traffic stop
- 6 Summer of Play season launch in Wembley Park this June
- 7 Residents priced out the area they grew up in
- 8 Mother of newborn baby found in Willesden canal urged to seek medical help
- 9 Man jailed after assaulting police officers while drunk
- 10 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims