USA international has part to play at QPR, says Redknapp
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Harry Redknapp could be set to extend centre-back Oguchi Onyewu’s QPR contract despite Nedum Onuoha’s return from injury.
USA international Onyewu was signed on a short-term deal last month while Onuoha was sidelined with a hamstring injury, but is yet to make an appearance for the Rs.
Onuoha made his return to the Rangers side against Reading at the weekend. But Redknapp maintains that Onyewu, who has won 68 international caps, remains in his first-team plans.
“He’s a good lad, and with so many games coming you never know when you’re going to get injuries,” said Redknapp.
“When I was at Portsmouth we had four centre-halves. We used to play with three at the back and I had four good ones. Suddenly in just over two weeks I lost all four of them with injuries.
“We went to Wolves and played with two full-backs at centre-half. You need cover. You have to juggle around a bit.”
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 5 Kensal Rise backstreets 'clogged with unused buses' group says
- 6 Covid patient numbers in Brent hospitals remains steady
- 7 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
- 8 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
- 9 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 10 Shocking reality of Brent housing crisis shown in new data