Unite Against Fascism to hold counter demonstration against Britain First march in Cricklewood tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Furious members of Unite Against Fascism will hold a counter demonstration against a march by a right wing political party which is taking place in Cricklewood tomorrow.
Britain First plan to protest in Cricklewood Broadway against Egyptian political party Muslim Brotherhood (MB) who are operating from a flat above shops on the busy thoroughfare.
Sarah Cox, UAF member, told the Times she does not think the party should be allowed to march in such a culturally diverse area in the borough.
She added: “They are so extremely that even the BNP do not want to be associated with them.”
“They are about as nasty as you get and we do not want them on our streets.”
Brent resident Sajata Aurora, who is planning the charity’s demonstration, said: “It is extremely provocative. The community here is very diverse and do not need this kind of party marching on our street”
BF, which was registered as a political party in 2011, campaigns against Islam, immigration and abortion.
- 1 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 2 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 3 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 4 Battle lines drawn as school’s 3G pitch decision heads to meeting
- 5 Police officers barred for 'shameful' misconduct over murdered sisters
- 6 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 7 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 8 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 9 Handcuffing: What is the Met's new policy and why has it been introduced?
- 10 Covid-19: How Brent's current cases compare to November 2020
It was founded by Jim Dowson, a former fundraiser for the BNP, and its members includes several ex-BNP stalwarts.
The group are calling for people to join them in a statement posted on their website and Facebook page.
MB was a praised political group in Egypt but were ousted from power amid popular demonstrations and are believed to be launching a fight-back against Egypt’s military rulers from their new home.
Unite against Fascism plan to hold a peaceful demonstration outside 113 Cricklewood Broadway from 1.30pm.
A Brent Police spokesman said: “Neighbourhood Police officers will be there to help ensure it is a peaceful demonstration.”