Union Berlin 2 Queens Park Rangers 1: QPR beaten in rearranged friendly
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Friendly: Union Berlin 2 (Kreilach 19, Hosiner 75p) Queesn Park Rangers 1 (Smith 48)
Queens Park Rangers suffered a 2-1 defeat in their rearranged clash with German second-tier side Union Berlin.
The match had originally been scheduled for Saturday, but was called off after 13 minutes due to a waterlogged pitch at the Stadion An der Alten Forsterei.
Thankfully, there were no such problems when it eventually went ahead on Monday evening.
The game saw the west Londoners come up against one of their former players, with striker Seb Polter turning out for the hosts.
You may also want to watch:
Berlin took the lead in the 19th minute when Damir Kreilach scored on the rebound after his initial header had been saved by Rs stopper Alex Smithies.
Matt Smith, though, was able to restore parity when heading home a Yeni Ngbakoto cross 29 minutes later, much to the delight of the QPR fans.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
However, with 15 minutes left in the game, Berlin regained the lead when Philipp Hosiner scored from the spot after James Perch was penalised for a high foot in the area.
QPR: Smithies; Perch (Kakay 88), Onuoha, Lynch, Bidwell; Borysiuk, Scowen (Luongo 72); Mackie, Washington (Goss 88), Ngbakoto (Eze 77); Smith.
Subs not used: Ingram, Manning, Phillips, Wszolek.