Unexploded World War II bomb found on building site in Wembley
An unexploded World War II bomb has been discovered by builders working on a site in Wembley this afternoon.
Residents, traders and workers close to the scene in Empire Way have been evacuated and road closures are in place while specialists officers make the bomb safe.
The device is estimated to weigh 50kgs.
A 400 metre cordon is in place.
Brent Civic Centre is currently closed as it is located close to the site.
You may also want to watch:
Empire Way is closed between Wembley Hill Rd and Wembley Park Drive.
Drivers are being warned of heavy traffic both ways on Forty Lane and Blackbird Hill.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 4 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
More to come.