Two Wembley singers shortlisted in London Designer Outlet talent contest
- Credit: Archant
Two singers from Wembley have made through to the second rounds of a talent contest organised by the London Designer Outlet.
Anastasia Liberos and 19-year-old Kristina Angelica will battle it out against eight other musicians this weekend to make it through to the finals of the Music Talent Search contest.
The overall winner will scoop the first ever exclusive official busking slot at Wembley Park where they can showcase their talents to more than four million event goers, stars and their entourages.
The new 350,000 ft² centre, which opened in Wembley Park in October, launched the search at the end of last year for those with the potential to go far in the music industry.
The second round of the competition will see all 10 musicians perform a 30 minute set at a busking spot in LDO tomorrow and Sunday.
Shoppers and passers-by will be encouraged to vote for their favourite musicians via voting cards being distributed throughout the weekend and using #musictalentsearch and naming their favourite musician @londonoutlet via Twitter.
The votes will be counted with the four most voted for musicians performing at a final ‘X Factor’ style showdown in front of the panel of judges at LDO on April 5.
- 1 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 2 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 3 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 4 Battle lines drawn as school’s 3G pitch decision heads to meeting
- 5 Police officers barred for 'shameful' misconduct over murdered sisters
- 6 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 7 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 8 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 9 Handcuffing: What is the Met's new policy and why has it been introduced?
- 10 Covid-19: How Brent's current cases compare to November 2020
DJ Neev, who will be on the judging panel, said: “We have been overwhelmed with the level of talent and variety of music genres from the entries for the Music Talent Search contest.
“We can’t wait to hear the public’s reaction from this weekend’s busking performances and who’s made it through to the final showdown. Good luck to all the shortlisted musicians!”
For more information about the contest visit www.london-designer-outlet.com