Two jailed for killing Wembley man in nightclub row
Victim was beaten to death outside a cab station
Two nightclub revellers who beat a man to death after they rowed over a woman have been sent to jail.
Erik Patricio Rosero Yepez, 22, from Wembley, died after he was punched, kicked and had his head stamped by Galo Vargas Bemudez and Angel Campoverde, who are both 23.
The Old Bailey heard the pair were part of a group of men who had a scuffle over a woman with Mr Yepez and his friends in a nightclub in London Bridge on December 4 last year.
The victim left the club and was standing outside a cab station when Campoverde jumped out of car, which was driven by Bemudez and had other passengers, and attacked him in the early hours of December 5.
Witnesses claim the pair and their friends punched, kicked and stamped on Mr Yepez as he attempted to get away from them.
He died the next day.
- 1 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 2 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 3 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 4 Battle lines drawn as school’s 3G pitch decision heads to meeting
- 5 Police officers barred for 'shameful' misconduct over murdered sisters
- 6 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 7 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 8 Covid-19: How Brent's current cases compare to November 2020
- 9 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 10 Handcuffing: What is the Met's new policy and why has it been introduced?
Today (Friday), Campoverde, from Tottenham, was jailed for seven years’ and six months’ and Bemudez, from Clapham, to five years’ and eight months’ for the manslaughter of Mr Yepez.
DCI Dave Manning, investigating officer, said: “Mr Yepez suffered a violent and brutal assault at the hands of Campoverde and Vargas Bemudez who attacked him following a trivial argument in a nightclub.
“I would like to pay tribute to the victim’s family, who have acted with great dignity during what has been a terrible ordeal.”